There are two ways patients can be notified with instructions for access to their forms/surveys:
1. Automated notification via conditional action on the patient registration form
2. Mail Merge via the interface.
Read more about each below.
Read steps 3 and 4 on this page for more help on setting up patient notifications.
Patients can be directly messaged by the site with pre-designed notifications through the ePRO mail merge link highlighted below.
Note, this is only to send patients notification that has been created by the study administrator. A common use for this is in re-sending the patient any automated notifications, such as login credentials, that have been accidentally misplaced.
To send patients custom messages or notifications, use the Subject Notifications page.
Steps to use the patient mail merge function:
- Click on Subject>Subject Manager to display the list of subjects.
- Click on the ePRO icon for the subject you need information for.
Next, select which message and distribution list to send the patient. The options available here are created by the study administrator.
- Email address is redacted for patient confidentiality reasons.
- Current Subject only shows PIN
- Click Send Notification to send out the merged email to subject on record.
This will only send patients messages if an email address has been provided on the enrollment CRF. After selecting and merging an email, as shown above, the patient email will be displayed in redacted form if one exists. This is so users with site access who need to be blinded to patient identifiers do not see the email address. To access the email address, open the eCRF where it was collected and you will be able to view if you have not been blinded to the field.
Also, read about the subject notification application