Form Libraries are used to store forms created in the Form Builder application from either the Website Host or Study Level. Forms stored in the Form Library can be used across all studies. The Form Library Manager allows assigned users with the appropriate rights granted the ability to Add [a] New Form Library (Create), Edit and Delete Libraries. If your role has not been given the "Grant Access to Form Library Manager" right, then the Form Library Manager... link will not be available from the Website Host menu.
Add Form Library
To create a new Form Library, select the “Form Library Manager…” link from the Website Host menu as shown in the figure below.
This opens the Form Library Manager page shown in the figure below. The page contains the Current Form Libraries data table which lists all of the Current Form Libraries in the System and the Add New Form Library form.
To Add (a) New Form Library (Create):
1. Click in the Name field and type in a New Form Library Name.
2. Click the Availability drop down and select Private within Sponsor (the only choice). Specific forms can be imported and exported (shared between studies or with other Clinical Studio users) using the controls in the Form Builder application accessed from either the Website Host or Study menus. (See the Form Builder - Importing Forms and Form Builder - Exporting Forms help documents for further information.)
3. Click the Save Form Library button as shown in the figure below.
After clicking the Save Form Library button the New Library populates the Current Form Libraries data table as shown in the figure below.
Within this Library the user can save all the forms that pertain to the Website Host as well as the Studies that will be conducted under this Website Host. There is no limit to the number of libraries in the system.
Form Libraries – Editing
To Edit a Form Library:
1. Click on the Edit control in the appropriate Form Library row as shown in the figure below.
2. Click on the editable field and make the necessary changes. To save the changes click the Update control. To cancel any changes made simply click the Cancel control as shown in the figure below.
Form Libraries – Deleting
To Delete a Form Library:
1. Click the Delete control in the appropriate Form Library row as shown in the figure below.
2. After clicking the Delete control a Confirm Delete Form Library popup window appears. To Delete the Library, click the Confirm Delete Library button. To cancel the request to delete the Form Library, click the Cancel Delete Library button.
Adding, Editing or Deleting Form libraries is only available to those users who have been granted the rights to do so. If there is no Add New Form Library Form, Edit or Delete controls displayed as shown in the figures above the rights to perform these actions have not been granted to the current role. A user can be granted any combination of these rights which will change how the screen will appear to the user.
Form Libraries in Clinical Studio can be accessed from the Form Builder application at both the Website Host and Study levels. To access forms within the Libraries, open the Form Builder application at either the Website Host or Study Level and click the select the Import Form link in the Links Table. This will open the Import Form popup window.