Open the page titled Inventory Configuration under the Study menu. This page will only be available with proper role permissions.
This can also be done on the TrialKit app.
The Items in the image above are defined as follows. Only items 1 and 2 are required at minimum.
1. Define the workflow each item in the inventory will follow. Read more below.
2. Select the corresponding inventory and upload the master inventory file (CSV format only). Be sure the file is set up properly based on how the file was defined in the inventory configuration form. Using the TrialKit mobile app, items can also be individually scanned directly into the inventory if they have a barcode. The system will populate the identifier column with the barcode ID automatically and allow the user to fill out any other details which were defined in the import configuration form.
As the study progresses, new items can be added to the csv file and then uploaded in the same location. The system will append those new items onto the existing master inventory list.
3. OPTIONAL: Tie the inventory selected in step 2 to a randomization. This allows the system to auto-allocate an item from inventory based on the subject's allocation assignment in the randomization schedule. Read the previous article on how to configure the import file properly if this function is being used. When this method is used, the system will automatically place site activation orders and subsequent site refill orders based on the floor/ceiling levels defined for the corresponding inventory.
4. Reset Inventory is only used for testing or UAT purposes when an Administrator would like to reset and clear the inventory completely without losing the configuration.
Details for defining an Inventory workflow:
1. Select the inventory to work with
2. Add or edit workflow steps which each item from inventory will follow. This can be as few or as many steps as necessary. The applicable roles for each step of the workflow is an important factor. Items with site specific visibility need to SITE type roles, which are defined in Role security.