1. Create a new form by selecting the “Create New Form” link from the Links table as shown below.
2. To name the form, locate the Form Name field in the Form/Page Properties,
Enter the desired Form Name in the field as shown in the figure below.
When the form is saved, the name (title) used here will populate in the table at the top of the page and will appear in various other areas of the system (depending on the Form Type and other assigned attributes).
3. Designate the Form Type using the dropdown list, as shown in the figure below. The Form Types that will appear in the dropdown list for forms created using the Website Host Form Builder are: User, Site and Study. The Form Types that will appear in the dropdown list for forms created using the Study Form Builder are: Site, Subject and Study.
Read here about the form properties that can be set for the whole form, or continue reading on how to complete a form.
Every form must have at least one data field before it can be saved. For subject type forms, there must be a date field and it must be set as the visit transaction date.
4. Drag a date field onto the form
5. Name the field and provide a reporting label
6. Select anywhere on the work space to display the form properties. Then define the visit date field.
7. Save the form.
Clicking the link from either menu will open the Form Builder page. The Existing Forms data table appears at the top of the page. Click the Select control in the row for the form to be edited as shown in the figure below.
Clicking the Select control
- Will load the form into the Form Builder body/grid for editing
To edit the form, click in the appropriate field in the Form Properties section, type in the changes and click the “Save Form” button.