After opening a coding project, a table similar to below will be displayed. The act of opening this page will not run any coding on the terms. See below on how to perform coding.
In this example, medications are being coded using the WHO dictionary. Reference the numbered annotations for definitions of each item:
1. Run auto-coding - Run the system autocoder on all records currently being filtered for. Depending on the number of records, this may take a couple minutes. This works in the background, so users can continue with other work or log out and return. Auto-coding will attempt to code any term that does not already have a code associated with it.
2. Central Synonyms - List of local synonyms which need to apply to all coding projects and databases within the host account.
3. Project Synonyms - List of local synonyms which only apply to the current coding project. The system will put priority on these over centralized synonyms. Read further about importing synonym lists below.
4. Export Data - Exports data to CSV
5. Data table - This defaults to a sorted order of patentID followed by RecordID. Users can click other columns to sort on other data as well.
Use the MedDRA or WHO icon under the Code column to manually code the corresponding term.
Tap the edit icon under the SOC/ATC column to select a specific SOC/ATC for the associated code.
6. Term search - Text search for any term in the Search Term column
7. Review column - Tap on the review icon, as applicable to specified user roles, to validate the data. Alternatively, tap the checkbox icon in the column header to place reviewed flag on all currently filtered records.
8. Table settings - Configure which columns to display in the table.
9. Filters - Filter the table, if desired, for the following:
- Subject ID (Participant ID)
- Match status (awaiting coding, awaiting review, reviewed, changed since review, etc)
- Uncoded records only - Select this to only see records not yet containing a code
- Term changed since being coded
- Exclude Admin Records - This is for integrated EDC coding only. Standalone coding will only contain "Admin" records
10. The number of records displayed currently. This is an infinite scrolling table which will load additional records as the user scrolls.
11. Jump to the top of the list
12. Return back to the list of coding projects
Items 2 and 3 above allow users to manually add synonyms or import a CSV file containing a larger list of terms/codes known in advance. Doing this prior to auto-coding will allow the autocoder to code those items which otherwise would have required manual coding.
To add an item, use the 'plus' icon displayed under the Status column. Alternatively, synonyms can be manually added directly within the synonym list. The dictionary can be opened from the page shown above if a code needs to be looked up, or if the list needs to be exported.
To import a CSV file of synonyms, create a file with the following headers:
For MedDRA coding: term, code
For WHO coding: term, code, indication, route, atccode
If only a term/code are specified in the synonym, the system will use it for any record containing that term (exact match, non-case sensitive). If an ATC is specified with a route/indication, all elements must match in order for the synonym to be used by the auto-coder.